Our competitive intelligence actions are developed following a formal methodology created by the CIDEI, which is in line with the Spanish Standard UNE 166006 and GTC186 Colombian Technical Guide, Management of R + D + i: Competitive Intelligence, we allows secure and ensure greater relevance and quality of information and the results we deliver.
CIDEI develop studies according to the needs of our customers, so that allows them to strengthen their business strategies and consolidate its market position by providing timely and valuable results, framedin the following subject categories:
CIDEI has developed studies in various areas of knowledge, which have helped to strengthen business strategies in business and have sustained for project development and technological innovation.
The CIDEI methodology have identified ten basic activities:
These ten components provide businesses the essential elements for identification, systematic collection and analysis of critical information from the environment, facilitating decision making , generation of R + D + i , identifying new growth opportunities , including other benefits.
Described below , in general each of the components of the methodology :
- Identification and definition of needs: Defining the objective of the study, subject ( core technologies ) and monitor critical issues in detail.
- Initial exploration and identification of keywords: Quick search of state of the art of the subject to monitor in order to become familiar with the terminology and technological features . Collection of essential words associated with the subject of study.
- Pre – validation by experts : Validation by experts , information collected in the initial exploration of the identified keywords . This validation ensures that the information sought by these words lead to relevant documents related to the subject being monitored.
- Identification and selection of relevant information sources : Prioritization of search sources which will support the study. These sources can be structured (databases of patents and scientific articles ), semi -structured (website , email , forums) and / or unstructured ( internet news ) .
- Formulation of the equations and finding information : The search equations which rarticulate the keywords to search relevant information sources for the required information. The success of the exercise depends on the proper assembly of these equations because the allow to reach out more effectively the relevant documents.
- Identification and extraction of relevant information : Extraction of relevant and pertinent information for the study. The product of this process is organized in tables and graphs , ie extensive and orderly set records databases containing useful information for the study, structured to be handled in accordance with the required analyzes .
- Data analysis : Enhancement of the information gathered, to add value to the company and enable decision -making.
- Validation by experts : Evaluation and recommendations on previous analyzes by experts ( internal and external).
- Preparation of final report: Compilation structured analysis, results, conclusions and recommendations obtained in the surveillance study .
- Communicating Results : Dissemination of results to stakeholders ( directors, senior management , policy makers , etc.) and decision making .